2.0 Coach Training Program
The 2.0 Coach Training Program is specifically designed for coaches who have completed any of Academy of Coach Training’s 1.0 level training programs (ie. the 1.0 Academic Life Coach Training Program) or who have completed another life coach training program previously. The focus of this advanced coach training program is to take your coaching skills to new heights and prepare you for further certification.
The 2.0 Coach Training Program combines research in positive psychology with advanced coaching concepts to help you take your coaching skills to the next level. Topics in this training program are NOT specific to working with students. However, combined with the 1.0 Academic Life Coach Training Program, the 2.0 Coach Training Program will provide you with a comprehensive set of coaching skills to build your business, and you will have additional training hours to pursue a higher level of ICF certification.
Topics covered in the 2.0 Coach Training Program include:
- Positive psychology’s history of and theories on curiosity, flow, habit change, and resilience
- Exercises to help clients build flow, develop grit, and balance competing values in their lives
- Ways you as a coach can use biofeedback in your coaching sessions
- The ICF’s coaching standards for professional-level coaches
And so much more!
The 2.0 Coach Training Program meets once a week for 24 weeks. Classes meet live, via webinar, and are lead by one of Academy of Coach Training’s trainers. Each class meeting includes time for discussion, questions, and coaching practice.
As part of your training, you will also be required to complete three one-on-one mentor coaching sessions with your trainer. Known as coach-client overviews, these sessions are required for completion of your training program and certification. For more information about coach-client overviews and how they work, click here.
As part of your 2.0 Coach Training, you will receive access to an online class page with a variety of training materials, including:
- PDF versions of the course textbook, the 2.0 Coach Training Guide, as well as all other written texts you need throughout your training. ( You will also receive a hard copy of the course textbook)
- Program syllabus, calendar, and link and instructions to access the webinar class each week.
- Recordings of all class meetings on a class YouTube playlist
Academy of Coach Training offers a variety of proprietary certification options. Upon the completion of both the 1.0 Academic Life Coach Training Program and the 2.0 Coach Training Program, you are eligible for certification as a Certified Academic Life Coach.
Coaches who have completed a coach training program previously may complete the ALC 1.0 Self-Study Option, in place of the full 1.0 training program, and be eligible for the same certification.
You also qualify for certification with the International Coach Federation (ICF) after completing your training.
Certification, both through a proprietary organization and the ICF, is an important step in establishing a successful coaching business. For more details about Academy of Coach Training’s certification requirements or certification through the International Coach Federation, click here.