Lara grew up in a suburb of Chicago and graduated from Purdue University with a major in Psychology. After college she moved to Hawaii and worked as a job coach and consultant for adults with disabilities, finding them employment in the community, and working with companies and their staff to create successful systems for their long term employment. It was her experiences here that sparked her passion for coaching and working with others to help them achieve and experience their personal best. Lara also gained valuable experience as a Training Coordinator for Banana Republic then started a family and opened her own business.
After returning to Chicago to be closer to family, Lara decided to focus on her calling to becoming a Life Coach. She went on to receive a Masters in Counseling, becoming a Licensed Professional Counselor and went on to study at the highly regarded Coaches Training Institute where she received her coaching certification as a CPCC (certified professional co-active coach). Lara is also credentialed by the International Coaches Federation as an Associate Certified Coach. Her life experience and training has allowed her to work with students and empower them with the life skills that that they can use now and in the future as adults to live the life they want. In addition to working with her own clients at LP Coaching, Lara facilitates leadership workshops with high school athletic teams and leads a retreat for girls called Steppin Into Your Sole. She has an unapologetic directness, embracing compassion and a loud laugh.
Offer coaching :
- In person (within an hour drive of Chicago, IL)
- On Skype, zoom or over the phone. Depending on client’s preference.
Fun Facts About Lara
- I believe coffee and peanut butter are the worlds best inventions.
- I enjoy running and have completed 4 marathons. Would love to run a race in Italy.
- I love hosting parties and cooking. Food=JOY
- There’s nothing like being at the lake, hanging with family and friends, throwing the ball for my 2 Chesapeake Retrievers and listening to good music (Zac Brown Band, John Mayer, Bruno Mars, Eminem)
Why she likes to work with kids
I think teens are smart, resilient, resourceful and stubborn. This is an amazing combo of characteristics when helping them create a foundation for their journey to finding their values, passions and true self expression. I am continually inspired by their courage, willingness to learn and make mistakes.
What does she love the most about where she lives
Hands down…the pizza and the people.